"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
I use coaching, facilitation, and my knowledge of group dynamics to create an open, collaborative environment where everyone feels safe and able to contribute. Workshops often include creative techniques to increase whole group engagement and encourage the whole group to have fun as they learn.
Some of my favourites are:
- Liberating Structures: a set of activity formats designed to encourage all learning types
- LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®: use of lego in guided exercises to increase creativity and innovation
- Thinking environment: allowing all participants equal and sufficient time and space to contribute and reflect
- Visual facilitation: use of graphics and imagery to increase shared understanding
Sessions don't always include all, or even any of these methods - maybe all you really need is someone to hold the space for some straight talking - we'll decide together what could work best for you.
Workshops & training
I've built a bank of workshops that can be delivered as one-off sessions or split into shorter sessions to form a series around the below topics. These can be delivered remotely or on-site.
- Understanding & increasing resilience
- Checking in with your wellbeing
- Coaching skills for family life
- Using a coaching approach with clients & colleagues
- Learning and developing coaching skills
- Giving & receiving feedback
- Increasing psychological safety
- Understanding your team dynamic
- End or mid project reflection
- Coaching for family life
- What's next? Designing a career you will love
- Who am I?
- Coaching for managers
- Exploring leadership styles
If you don't see the topic that you're looking for, let's get together to talk about what you need. We'll start by getting really clear on the outcome that you're looking for and find a structure that works for you. Workshops can range in length from an hour to multiple days.
- have multiple meetings about the same thing?
- notice that it's always the same voices that dominate discussions?
- regularly spend time covering things that weren't even on the meeting agenda?
- wish someone else could take care of meeting process and flow so that you can concentrate on what's actually being said?
- need help bringing some creativity and energy back into your meetings?
I facilitate meetings ranging from one hour to multiple days in length for you. I also offer consultation and training on making your meetings more effective. Together we'll design an inclusive structure that results in well thought-out decisions that the team will want to stick to and meet the outcome you're looking fo.